Compu Dynamics Delivers a 3.2MW Data Center Build in Ashburn, VA
The client needed to move fast and expand its data center operations, requiring a turnkey, scalable infrastructure for a high-density, raised-floor data center. Compu Dynamics designed a turnkey solution that will meet the client’s needs now and into the future. Compu Dynamics provides end-to-end, 360-degree data center build solutions that can be fast-tracked to meet even the most demanding time frames.
The client is a rapidly growing transportation company that leverages technology to provide services in more than 66 countries and 507 cities worldwide.
The client needed to rapidly build a new data center to meet exponentially growing customer demands with ever-increasing power requirements. The purpose-built data center facility provided the white space, cooling and incoming redundant UPS power sources. Compu Dynamics was responsible for all work downstream from the facility’s PDU’s. The project included an advanced power distribution system, cabling infrastructure, installation of customer supplied racks and cold aisle containment.
Work performed by Compu Dynamics data center specialists included:
- Electrical engineering
- Procurement and installation of 36 3-panel Remote Power Panels (RPPs)
- Installation of 108 feeders from the facility’s PDUs to the RPPs
- Installation of 728 3-phase 60A Power Whips
- Installation of the ladder rack and fiber raceway infrastructure
- Receive, set, ground and install 364 racks supplied by customer
- The racks received by Compu Dynamics were preinstalled with client servers; handing and installing this critical equipment required our experienced technicians to ensure quality control
- Racks were shipped in phases over several months, ultimately involving installation in a live data center environment following strict operational protocols
- Installation of cold aisle airflow containment
Compu Dynamics’ unique core competencies, extensive experience, proper planning, clear communication, and professional teams ensured that the project was professionally completed and delivered on time.
Compu Dynamics’ local presence, consisting of in-house project management and technicians, our strong relationships with the data center provider and our extensive experience performing similar projects in Ashburn, VA, proved to be key factors to ensure this turnkey 3.2MW data center project was performed seamlessly and on schedule.
“The partnership throughout this project from design to completion, and from executive leadership, project management, site foreman to installation teams has been professional and well organized. This stellar performance perfectly aligns with our core values of fostering growth and the go-to-market strategies of our customers at the colocation facility.”
– John Armsby, Implementation Manager, Digital Realty